Whole cow milk, lemon, water, sugar, saffron.
First boil the milk and add 2-3 spoons lemon juice in the boiling milk
and keep it on low flame for few minutes until the milk starts to curdle.
- Then turn off the flame and wait for few minutes.
- Then wash the collect the cheese and wash it in the water to remove the sourness of the lemon.
- Then put the cheese in a cotton cloth and tie it firmly and squeeze it to
remove the water from the cheese.
- Do not squeeze a lot.
- Then hang the cloth for 50-60 minutes to drain the water completely.
- The cheese should not contain any water.
- Then make a soft dough with the cheese by kneading it well.
- And make small round shaped cheese balls out of the dough.
- Then make sugar syrup using water and sugar.
- For one litre water you should use 600-700 grams sugar.
- Boil the water and add sugar and keep boiling the water until the sugar
dissolves into the water.
- Then add your cheese balls into the sugar syrup and boil the syrup for 15-20 minutes in a medium
- Then turn off the flame and keep the cheese balls into the syrup overnight.
- You should keep that in the refrigerator.
- Then in the morning you can enjoy your rasgulla.
- I have garnished rasgullas with basil leaves and saffron.